World Bank Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. World Bank Zambia looking for “Operations Officer“. Applicants with a degree in MA Degree may apply on or before 20th Feb 2023.
The World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions – providing loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses. The vision of the World Bank Group (WBG) is the eradication of extreme poverty and the promotion of shared prosperity by fostering income growth of the bottom 40 percent in each country.
World Bank Operations Officer Jobs 2023
The World Bank has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Operations Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||20th Feb 2023|
World Bank Job Vacancy 2023
- Coordinate and lead the preparation of a Monthly Portfolio Report. The report monitors lending, non-lending activities, TF, and other key portfolio performance indicators.
- Monitor and facilitate timely delivery on various milestones during the project cycle, including with respect to project closing and reporting.
- Support implementation by organizing its regular meetings with Global Practices (GPs), project task team leaders (TTLs) and Program Leaders to discuss and find solutions to the ongoing concerns and to anticipate potential future problems/bottlenecks. Follow-up with government on recommendations in close consultation with the CM and Program Leaders.
- Follow up on the Portfolio Action Plan as formulated in the Country Portfolio Performance Review (CPPR), with special focus on portfolio-wide actions in the areas of Financial Management, procurement, safeguards, and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E).
- Review, and draft comments on Implementation Status Reports (ISRs) for the CM.
- Provide inputs to or prepare diverse operational products/outputs (e.g. country briefings, background reports, case studies, portfolio performance reviews, etc.). Provide continuous case-by-case support to project task teams. Interact directly with the Program Leaders on daily work program issues and provide operational support for problem or risky operations. To the extent possible, participate in operational missions and meetings and assist teams in resolution of difficult issues.
- Carry out research and analytics on operations- and CMU work program-related issues.
Liaise with the main government counterpart (Ministry of Finance and National Planning) on operational matters.
- The OO works closely and mentors junior/ACS staff on issues of portfolio management and monitoring.
- The OO will provide support to the CMU management team.
- Review, comment on, and clear all out-going correspondence; manage in-coming correspondence.
- Support the CM in the implementation of the Country Partnership Framework (CPF) and aid in preparing the
- Performance and Learning Review (PLR) and CPF Completion Report, particularly regarding portfolio implementation.
Position in Organization:
- Operations Officer
- Job #: req20988
- Organization: World Bank
- Sector: Other
- Grade: GF
- Term Duration: 4 years 0 months
- Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- Location: Lusaka,Zambia
- Required Language(s): English
- Preferred Language(s):
- Closing Date: 2/20/2023 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Qualification & Experience:
- MA/MS with minimum 5 years relevant experience.
How to Apply World Bank Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://worldbankgroup.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=20988&site=1
The Closing Date: 20th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.