WHO National Project Officer Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. WHO Zambia looking for “National Project Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before 2nd March 2023.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of National Project Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Description Of Duties:
- Co-facilitate one project ideation workshop during project kick-off phase.
- Support the development of a project workplan containing detailed activities, milestones and project outputs based on workshop outputs.
- Establish a mechanism for the regular collection of social and behavioural (SBI) data by local behavioural data collection services around priority health topics for the country, including vaccine uptake. Supervise and monitor the implementation of the mechanism.
- Support the planning and delivery of a training workshop for local partners (MoH/ WHO country office decision makers) on the use of social and behavioural data for policy and programme design
- Monitor the inclusion of behavioural data into existing key databases, dashboards, surveillance systems (such as the Collective Service).Prepare briefings and updates targeted at key stakeholders in the region
- Support advocacy efforts for social and behavioural data to be an integrated and systemic component of the National Health Research agenda
- Advocate for inclusion of social and behavioural data collection in public health emergencies, COVID19, Cholera, and other public health issues such as immunization, measles, malaria, tuberculosis, HIV and AIDS youth risk taking behaviours, Non communicable diseases, Maternal and Child Health among other.
- Propose potential BI-interventions based on insights gathered.
- Support the design, implementation and evaluation of one small pilot intervention informed by the social and behavioural data collected
- Support the development and write-up of a relevant pilot project research protocol and submit for national ethics and WHO ERC approvals.
- Produce quarterly and annual reports and document the lessons learned.
- Facilitate trainings and advocacy sessions to create demand for social and behavioural insights among decision makers, management, technical staff and other stakeholders.
- Create a database of researchers and service providers for qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Document the BI work through publication in grey literature.
- Contribute to the write-up of scientific articles or a case study with lessons learned for publication in a peer reviewed journal.
Position in Organization:
- National Project Officer
- Grade: No grade
- Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 15 months
- Job Posting: Feb 16, 2023, 12:33:56 PM
- Closing Date: Mar 2, 2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Primary Location: Zambia-Lusaka
- Organization: AF_ZMB Zambia
- Schedule: Full-time
Qualification & Experience:
- A university degree in behavioral and social sciences – psychology, sociology, anthropology or public health field.
- At least 5 years of experience applying behavioral sciences, or related theories and knowledge, to policy making and/or to programmes design and implementation.
How to Apply WHO National Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.who.int/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2301326
The Closing Date: 2nd March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.