WHO National Level Surveillance Officer Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WHO Kenya looking for “National Level Surveillance Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 25 February 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
WHO National Level Surveillance Officer Jobs 2023
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of National Level Surveillance Officer to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and responsibilities: Under the overall supervision of the UCN Cluster Lead/ Immunization Focal Point, the incumbent will provide technical guidance, collaborate and cooperate with national and county authorities and partners towards the goals of polio eradication response through support to achieving and maintaining quality surveillance within the framework of IDSR, supporting routine immunization activities, response to outbreaks and conduct of supplemental immunization (SIA) activities.
The National Surveillance Officer will specifically execute the following tasks:
- Provide technical assistance to the Ministry of Health Polio Incident Management system and EOC in outbreak investigation, preparedness and response activities at national and subnational levels.
- Foster close coordination, collaboration and partnership with MOH (national & subnational), GPEI, in-country health and other partners, and assist in the organization of regular coordination meetings, teleconferences, and updates.
- Prepare and review activity memos, activity reports and budgets to support MoH activities
- Participate in the Horn of Africa and other polio coordination meetings at national and international levels
- Support the MOH Secretariat to facilitate and provide support to the National Polio committee meetings
- Support MOH to draft and submit the Annual polio progress/update reports
Essential: University degree in Medicine.
Desirable: Advanced level degree related to medicine, public health, or emergency response (e.g. Masters in Epidemiology, MPH, etc.)
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the planning, development and implementation of the infectious disease control and prevention program, including epidemic prevention and control
- At least 5 years working experience in Global Polio Eradication programme, including the implementation and assessment of AFP Surveillance, Supplementary Immunization Activities and Routine Immunization programme
- Relevant experience in other Vaccine preventable disease programmes including VPD Surveillance and Immunization e.g. measles, NNT, yellow fever, meningitis, COVID-19 etc
- Relevant experience in disease outbreak preparedness, investigation and response
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO National Level Surveillance Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 25 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.