WHO National Consultant to revise and update the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. WHO Nigeria looking for “National Consultant to revise and update the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance”. Applicants with a Post graduate degree in public health may apply on or before 10 February 2023.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices worldwide.
WHO National Consultant to revise and update the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance Jobs 2023
The WHO has published a job vacancy announcement on 27 January 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of National Consultant to revise and update the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
WHO Job Vacancy 2023
Specific Objectives: The consultant will develop comprehensive situation analysis as baseline assessment of current context for NAP 2.0 development including coordination with AMRCC, national NAP-2.0 development committee, and WHO to ensure NAP-2.0 operational plan is costed, and prioritised. For this purpose, consultant will engage and coordinate with NAP 2.0 development committee secretariat and organise online or physical or hybrid consultations or workshops as needed.
The consultant is expected to:
- Conduct a desk review existing AMR documents, reports and available information from different sources to develop a comprehensive situation analysis report including the recent evaluation report for NAP-1.0.
- Collect, compile, and include data from different surveys, surveillance, and research relevant to five strategic objectives of NAP-2.0 in situation analysis report
- Revise and update a roadmap with a clear work plan to the NAP 2.0 development committee of Nigeria.
- Finalize the comprehensive situation analysis draft report with inputs from experts, NAP-2.0 development committee, other stakeholders and submit the final version.
- Under the coordination of the Nigeria WCO, engage with national technical working group, other experts, WHO Collaborating centre and relevant multisectoral coordination mechanisms to support the processes of training and costing and budgeting of the AMR NAP 2.0.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops as requested by NAP-2.0 development committee and to assist committee and other consultants in development of draft NAP 2.0.
- Assist and coordinate quadripartite M&E Teams (WHO, FAO, WOAH and UNEP) in the development of the M&E framework for Nigeria
- Post graduate degree in public health, health economics, animal health, environmental health, or other related fields
- A professional experience of at least seven years.
- Have a good knowledge of the field (actors involved in the AMR space).
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the “One Health” approach to tackling AMR
- Experience with the of development of National Action Plans on AMR that meets and adheres to the objectives of the global action plan on AMR
- A good knowledge of Nigeria’s systems in human health, animal health and environmental statutory bodies would be an added advantage.
- Previous work experience in Government and the UN systems would be an asset
- Provide previous consultancy references if possible.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WHO National Consultant to revise and update the National Action Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 10 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.