WFP Storekeeper Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Storekeeper“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before Feb. 17, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Storekeeper Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 03, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Storekeeper to be based in Kyenjojo, Uganda.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
Responsible for timely and accurate posting of all transactions within WFP cooperate Logistics management system (LESS).
- Timely creation of STO’s as per programme FRN and ensures real-time closer of Inbound Deliveries documents.
- Monitor the delivery of Food Commodities and proper use of WFP documents and NFIs for all warehouse transactions as per WFP rules and regulations.
- Keeps an updated Inventory Management of WFP NFI’s & Warehouse Equipment to ensure proper accountability.
- Monitor food stocks, correct use of batch numbers by storekeepers and respond to queries regarding EDP food commodities.
- Report timely any abnormally encountered from/by transporters in the delivery of cargo from the EDPs and to final FDPs.
- Follow up spoilt food disposal authorizations, execution and ensure the documents are kept for audit purposes. Perform daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of EDP stocks in the system records and physical documents.
- Conduct regular spot inspection of commodities under storage and report any anomaly through participating in physical stock counts with storekeepers and tally clerks.
- Institute loss mitigation measures, loss analysis and reporting through Performing daily, weekly and monthly reconciliation of stocks.
- Participate in training staff at EDPs on storage procedures and practices as well as supervise activities of Storekeepers, Tally clerks and casual laborers at the EDP.
- Generate and share EDP daily transactions reports on stock status and prepositioning status.
- Plan and deploy manpower and trucks based on EDP daily activity caseload.
- Perform any other duties assigned by Supervisor /HOFO or her/ his designate.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 334810
- Posted 03/02/2023 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – UGA – Other cit
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Transport, Supplies Management, Business Administration, Procurement, Stores management or other related field from a recognized university.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in logistics in fast paced environment is desirable. This includes maintaining a logistics database; running queries on ongoing shipments, pipeline information, insurance claims, inventory management, service provider contracts administration and execution; compilation of contract documentation and budget monitoring & reporting etc.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role
- Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
How to Apply WFP Storekeeper Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Feb. 17, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.