WFP Staff Counsellor CSTII Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Staff Counsellor CSTII“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 15th Feb 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Staff Counsellor CSTII Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 2nd Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Staff Counsellor CSTII to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Accountabilities: A key requirement of the position will be the ability to summarize data and trends to develop programs and policies that are designed to support staff. Frequent travel is required to support the field offices, at times on short notice based on operational needs, and at times to remote and difficult locations to provide support to staff. Under the direct supervision of the Country Director Ethiopia Country Office, the Staff Counsellor will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide empirically supported and culturally sensitive counselling services to WFP staff and if requested their dependents; this may include case management and referrals to other resources as required;
- Provide pre and post deployment briefings to staff being deployed to emergency or hardship duty stations;
- Based on data trends and requests from other divisions/units/offices develop and provide a range of trainings and programs including but not limited to team building, resilience, harassment, and cross-cultural sensitivity to improve morale, health, and team dynamics;
- As part of a multidisciplinary team work closely with individuals and teams to address psychological risks at the individual, unit and organizational level;
- When requested work closely with managers/supervisors towards improving the working atmosphere in their units;
- Provide counselling services to individuals and/or groups during emergencies; provide services in a timely and sensitive manner to staff and dependents after critical incidents, and ensure follow up support for staff and dependents following critical events;
- Support and maintain the WFP Peer Support Volunteer Network (PSV) through training and supervision; disseminate training materials and related protocols;
- Identify and liaise with high quality local and regional mental health resources that can be used for referrals or in times of crisis;
- In the best interests of staff members and the organization work in a collegial and professional manner with all units in the Staff Wellness Division to ensure continuity of care;
- Work as part of a team to ensure divisional priorities are implemented consistent with the yearly divisional work plan and the Wellness Division Strategic Plan;
- Develop and participate in multidisciplinary programmes in the Staff Wellness Division as well as Regional and Country Offices;
- Be proactive in building partnerships with other units such as HR and security that support staff within the agency and also with other agencies or relevant organizations;
- Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines, as well as written and visual materials to increase awareness regarding important themes and topics related to Staff Wellness;
- Complete administrative duties such as maintaining statistics on activities and completing reporting requirements as per the requirement in the Staff Wellness Division;
- Participate and collaborate in UNSSCG, CISMU activities and working groups;
- Maintain the highest ethical standards related to the provision of psychological services;
- Perform other duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Staff Counsellor
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultancy Level II
- UNIT/DIVISION: Wellness
- DUTY STATION: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 6 months
- REPORTING LINE: Country Director
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling or other related field. Must hold active licensure/registration as a mental health professional with a recognized governing association and be a member of that organization in good standing. Additional training or certification in a broad range of related fields, such as alcohol/substance abuse, resilience, cross-cultural communication, conflict resolution, mediation, trauma etc. is an advantage.
- Typically five years or more of relevant experience in the field of mental health working in the UN, humanitarian sector or a large multi-cultural organisation. Experience working in a hardship location or providing counselling services to staff working under very difficult and insecure environments is an asset.
How to Apply WFP Staff Counsellor CSTII Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career?career_ns=job_listing&company=C0000168410P&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH&rcm_site_locale=en_GB&career_job_req_id=398883
The Closing Date: 15th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.