WFP Site Maintenance Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. WFP Uganda looking for “Site Maintenance Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in Completion of secondary school education may apply on or before Feb. 17, 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Site Maintenance Assistant Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 03, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Site Maintenance Assistant to be based in Moroto, Uganda.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Plan, coordinate and provide a variety of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventive maintenance (e.g., generators, water heaters, water pumps, etc.) is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment.
- Coordinate and/or provide pottering and cleaning services (e.g., moving assets, reorganizing/installing workstations, assisting in setting up conference/meeting/event locations, removing waste materials, emergency cleaning, etc.), to support organized and safe work environment.
- Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems and components, to ensure all installations meet established safety standards.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines.
- Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs including accurate generator fuel logbooks, to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID 358273
- Posted 03/02/2023 – Short Term-SC WFP – Africa,
- Central & Eastern – Uganda – Moroto
- Completion of secondary school education.
- Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and basic record keeping.
- Knowledge of simple machine operations and use of cleaning materials/ solutions. Ability to operate and maintain equipment and supplies in good working order. Knowledge of safety precautions. High sense of responsibility and punctuality. Honesty and integrity. Ability to work in a multicultural environment. Ability to work in a team. Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Fluency in written and oral English language. Ability to communicate in Ngakariojong, Lebthur and/or Swahili languages is an added advantage.
How to Apply WFP Site Maintenance Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Feb. 17, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.