WFP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Local Security Associate“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 23rd Feb 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Local Security Associate to be based in Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Review security threats and risks in detail and compile accurate reports on trends and situations that could adversely impact WFP operations, in order to ensure information is accurately collated and sent to senior security staff to support reporting and decision making.
- Review security related information (e.g. security incidents and events, security support to daily activities, etc.) and use corporate or local information management tools to produce a range of analyses and in-depth reports, to ensure that information is readily available for relevant stakeholders.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with local administration, security and law enforcement authorities, communities, UN/NGO security staff and other actors, to facilitate access for safe programme delivery and to mitigate potential risks against staff and other resources.
- Plan and co-ordinate staff activities during field missions and perform security assessments within the area of responsibility to support safe and effective programme delivery.
- Analyse security assessment reports following field missions and present detailed recommendations for risk mitigation to support security situation analysis and facilitate decision-making.
- Assist in advising the Country Director on security risk management matters and safety issues in compliance with the United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS).
- Support the implementation of risk management mitigation measures, including Minimum Operational Security Standards (MOSS) to ensure compliance.
- Support the maintenance and management of security equipment and make recommendations to strengthen technology capacity in line with business requirements.
- Monitor and ensure that all access control procedures are effective and stringently followed by all staff and visitors, in order to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain and develop recommendations for improving emergency and contingency planning documentation including physical preparations and procedures, to support preparedness for a crisis.
- Deliver security training to staff and review security training needs in order to develop measures to meet business requirements.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job training to other staff supporting their development and high performance.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Local Security Associate
- TYPE OF CONTRACT: Service Contract Level 6
- UNIT/DIVISION: Security Unit
- DUTY STATION: Mekelle and Shire
- DURATION: 12 months
- REPORTING LINE: Field Security Officer
- Deadline: 23rd Feb 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in security management, international relations or law enforcement or any other relevant field.
- Minimum Five Years Experience.
How to Apply WFP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 23rd Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.