WFP Legal Intern Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Legal Intern”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 01 February 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Legal Intern Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 21 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Legal Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The internship offers law students and recent law graduates an excellent opportunity to work on and develop their knowledge of the whole range of legal matters that arise in the context of the operations of one of the largest UN organisations in the East Africa region.
The intern will support the Regional Legal Advisor in the performance of all legal functions and will support RBN (Regional Bureau Nairobi) in the delivery of timely and accurate legal guidance to country offices and RBN (Regional Bureau) units.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Conduct legal research into and assist in interpreting WFP’s regulations and rules and other internal normative sources of law, and public international law, including but not limited to international treaties governing privileges and immunities.
- Prepare legal briefs, opinions, memoranda and correspondence.
- Interpret and apply international treaties and assist in drafting diplomatic communications to the governments of countries in which WFP works.
- Assist in the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial contracts and agreements with governments, UN agencies, international and national partners and vendors.
- Study legal questions relating to procurement, shipping, aviation, land transport, insurance, and commercial and contract law.
- Assist in the preparation, pursuit and negotiation of claims.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled in, or about to begin, the final year of an undergraduate law programme (first degree); be currently enrolled in a graduate law programme (second degree, e.g., master’s or JD); or have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate law programme within six months of the deadline for applications. In all cases, candidates must have attended a course within the last 12 months for credit towards the law degree.
- Some experience in international law subjects is desirable.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is required. Intermediate knowledge of French and/or Arabic is an advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office (in particular, Word, Excel, and Power Point) is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Legal Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.