WFP Head of Sub Office Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. WFP Ethiopia looking for “Head of Sub Office“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 1st March 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is United Nations frontline agency in the fight against hunger, WFP is continually responding to emergencies. We save lives by getting food to the hungry fast. But WFP also works to help prevent hunger in the future. We do this through programmes that use food as a means to build assets, spread knowledge and nurture stronger, more dynamic communities. This helps communities become more food secure. On average, WFP aims to bring food assistance to more than 80 million people in 80 countries.
WFP Head of Sub Office Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Head of Sub Office to be based in Jijiga, Ethiopia.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
- Manage and lead WFP field operations within the area of assignment to ensure timely and effective deployment of food assistance programmes.
- Hold accountability for the deployment of Country Office initiatives, policies and strategies.
- Effectively manage the Sub Office to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a cohesive and high performing team.
- Ensure efficient use of financial resources for achievement of set objectives.
- Hold accountability for the security of WFP staff, operations, premises and assets in the Sub Office to ensure that WFP security and safety standards are locally set and followed. Actively participate and contribute to the Area Security Management Team (ASMT).
- Collaborate with governments and other partners in identifying where food assistance can be usefully deployed at the local level and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes, including advice on the context-specific transfer modalities (food, cash or vouchers).
- Develop and coordinate data gathering and monitoring systems and conduct timely monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Hold accountability and/or prepare accurate and comprehensive analysis and reports on WFP operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Area/Country Office review to identify programme support requirements and inform operational planning and decisions.
- Forge and nurture external partnerships to improve assistance packages and support complementary strategies; identify potential areas for collaborative approaches and initiatives.
- Develop and sustain liaison with local government authorities, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, donors, civil society, beneficiaries and other partners and media engaged in the field of food security.
- Engage with beneficiaries, inspect storage places and points where WFP commodities are received, in order to ensure compliance with WFP policies and that progress is made in the achievement of project objectives.
- Other as required.
Position in Organization:
- JOB TITLE: Head of Sub Office, Jijiga
- CONTRACT TYPE: Consultant Level II
- DUTY STATION: Jijiga, Ethiopia
- DURATION: 11 months
- Deadline: 1st March 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Minimum five years or more of relevant postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian, transition and development contexts. Experience leading teams and improving performance.
How to Apply WFP Head of Sub Office Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 1st March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.