WFP Head of Gender Division Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. WFP South Africa looking for “Head of Gender Division“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 20th February 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Head of Gender Division Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 03rd February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Head of Gender Division to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
The Head of the Gender Division will lead the team to perform the following functions:
- Coordinate guidance on gender issues within all of the ARC Group’s policy and programme areas;
- Provide integrated, multidisciplinary policy and programme leadership on gender issues to all divisions within the ARC Group, as well as in Member States;
- Provide strategic guidance to the organisation on global and regional research for policy guidance, advocacy and policy dialogue on gender and DRM&F issues;
- Develop internal accountability and oversight systems for promoting gender equality as well as ensure integration of gender results in corporate planning, reporting tools and corporate processes to monitor institutional compliance;
- Support and guide the ARC Group to adapt its institutional framework to ensure gender equality results, including the development of systems and implementation of strategies and capacities for gender mainstreaming;
- Support Human Resources to promote gender parity in the organisation’s staff complement;
- Participate and support the WFP Task Force on Sexual Harassment, Abuse and Exploitation;
- Support the Group Director General’s office in its representational role on issues related to gender equality and women’s empowerment and in its reporting to the ARC Group Board;
- Advance the ARC Group’s position in intergovernmental processes;
- Lead coordination and cooperation with AU, RECs and CSO entities, as well as other stakeholders who are working on gender equality and women’s empowerment in the DRM&F spectrum; and
- Position ARC vis-à-vis the international development community on gender and DRM issues and foster partnerships with external partners.
- Advanced university degree in gender studies, political science, political economy or a related social science or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of ten years or more of professional work experience leading teams, providing policy advice and pioneering approaches in development programmes, in the area of gender equality;
- Fluency (level C) in the English and French languages is required.
- Requisition ID: 405008
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Head of Gender Division Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career5.successfactors.eu//career………
The Closing Date: 20th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.