WFP Environmental Management Intern Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. WFP Kenya looking for “Environmental Management Intern”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 01 February 2023.
The World Food Programme is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries.
WFP Environmental Management Intern Jobs 2023
The WFP has published a job vacancy announcement on 21 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Environmental Management Intern to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The Environmental Unit within the RBN Administration Unit helps Country Offices mainstream environmental management across WFP operations, through the implementation of Environmental Management Systems (EMS). Current focus areas include reducing energy use and greenhouse gas emissions, minimizing and properly managing waste, reducing water consumption, promoting sustainable procurement decisions, and increasing staff awareness around environmental management.
Key Accountabilities (not all-inclusive):
- Contribute to regularly tracking and updating environmental data for RBN, including energy management and sustainable waste management;
- Contribute to develop a comprehensive energy consumption analysis for RBN premises to inform priority energy efficiency/renewables interventions and fundraising for decarbonization;
- Contribute to WFP’s annual environmental footprint reporting exercise, by liaising with Country Offices to help collect, review, analyse and report data on energy usage, water consumption and waste generation for calculating WFP’s environmental footprint.
- Assist the Regional Environmental Adviser and Environmental Management Assistant to research, plan and implement environmental projects (either within the context of EMS implementation or as stand-alone initiatives) to address significant environmental aspects and impacts and deliver continuous improvement in environmental performance;
- Conduct research on appropriate, locally available and innovative sustainable energy/waste/water/procurement solutions;
- Support country offices to identify and comply with national environmental regulations, specific requirements from donors and other stakeholder obligations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the last year) in Environmental/energy/water Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Management, Environmental Economics, Natural Resource management, Sustainable Development, or a related field, or
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate of an advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent) highly regarded
- Fluent in English (both oral and written) is a must; knowledge of a second UN language, preferably French, would be an asset
- Excellent command of MS Office (especially Excel); experience with communications tools is a plus
- Experience in google suite applications will be an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply WFP Environmental Management Intern Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 01 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.