Welthungerhilfe Country Director Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. Welthungerhilfe Kenya looking for “Country Director”. Applicants with a University or polytechnic degree may apply on or before 22 February 2023.
Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e. V. – or Welthungerhilfe for short – is a German non-denominational and politically independent non-profit and non-governmental aid agency working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian assistance. Since its founding in 1962, it has used 4.2 billion euros to carry out more than 10.369 projects in 70 countries in Africa, Latin America and Asia.
Welthungerhilfe Country Director Jobs 2023
The Welthungerhilfe has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Country Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||University or polytechnic degree|
|Experience Required||At least 5 to 7 years|
|Application Deadline||22 February 2023|
Welthungerhilfe Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: As Country Director in Kenya you are responsible for managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe (WHH) country program. In doing so, you take into consideration the overall WHH strategy and mandate and ensure adherence to WHH quality standards. You will be responsible for a sound financial management of the allocated funds as well as for the acquisition of additional funding from private and institutional donors. This will require a professional and experienced management of structures and processes, strategic programming and human resource management. As team leader of the national and expatriate staff members, you are expected to take over responsibility for security management to assure the safety and security of your employees.
- Strengthen the humanitarian and development profile of WHH in country towards relevant stakeholders with the goal of making communities and households more resilient
- Further develop the Kenya country programme and continue to integrate new methods and approaches such as system thinking, nutrition in emergencies and advocacy aspects in line with WHH global strategy
- Diversify the funding basis of the country programme and including new, innovative institutional and private donors willing to support with longer term funding
- Forge and maintain strong relationships with other international and national organizations and continue to expand outreach through relevant meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Continue to identify strategically relevant partners (CSO, research, local government, international NGOs etc.) to be supportive in achieving programme objectives, identifying and integrating innovative approaches/methods and establishing a more diversified funding portfolio
- Willingness to support other country offices with the capacity of the Kenya program
Qualification & Experience:
- A university or polytechnic degree in the fields of agricultural sciences, engineering, rural development, or a comparable level of qualifications
- At least 5 to 7 years project and management experience in carrying out co-financed projects of international (aid) agencies, preferably in the region
- Media representation experience is an asset
- Coordination and organisational skills – even under a high workload
- Ability to work in a multinational team
- Excellent communication skills and intercultural sensibility
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- A very good command of both written and spoken English, German language skills would be an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Welthungerhilfe Country Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.