UNOPS Programme Management Advisor Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNOPS South Sudan looking for “Programme Management Advisor“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 12th Feb 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world.
UNOPS Programme Management Advisor Jobs 2023
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 23rd Jan 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Advisor to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
- Under the CMAP’s leadership, coordinate the development and articulation of the Programme Strategy (PS) in line with relevant UN and government and/or national or regional strategies, and review/update at necessary intervals.
- Support the Head of Project Unit to ensure PS and related work plans are accurately budgeted and resourced.
- Support the management team to translate the Strategy into implementation/results work plans and associated monitoring mechanisms and draft project documents as needed for the implementation of the programme.
- Coordinate and collaborate with relevant stakeholders in-country and at HQ, to ensure aligned and coherent planning and implementation processes.
- Monitor humanitarian and development, inform CMAP of trends and needs to identify potential areas of intervention within UN mandates and existing capacity.
- Stay abreast of policies on mine action, UN policies, and cross-cutting priorities, such as gender, diversity, conflict sensitivity, sustainability, and environment, to be included in project delivery as relevant.
- On behalf of CMAP, coordinate preparation of programme documents, including concept notes, proposals, and associated budgets.
- Draft and/or review funding agreements and other project documents required for the signature and implementation of new projects.
- Support the CMAP to establish and build relationships with UN, international organizations, donors, governments, and mine action stakeholders for the purposes of facilitating activities and improving the quality and relevance of programme implementation.
- On behalf of the CMAP, participate in, contribute to and report on the relevant inter-agency, UN mission, donor and inter-governmental coordination meetings in consultation with relevant programme technical experts when required. Support the management team with UN common planning and programming processes, including strategic country analysis, humanitarian response plans, integrated strategic frameworks, etc.
- Coordinate, participate in, or contribute to the Mine Action Area of Responsibility/Sub-Cluster under the Protection Cluster, where relevant, including the formulation of the mine action components for the Humanitarian Needs Overview and Response Plan Response plan, in collaboration with the UNMAS Geneva office.
- Support the applications of policies, practices and procedures associated with the overall implementation of the Humanitarian Programme Cycle and associated funding and monitoring mechanisms, where relevant, in collaboration with the UNMAS Geneva office.
- On behalf of the CMAP support the development of communication strategies, linked to resource mobilization strategies, where relevant, to maximise communication impact and outreach and build awareness of the Country Programme.
Position in Organization:
- Programme Management Advisor
- Job categories: Programme Management
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5018/25243
- Level: ICS-11
- Department/office: NYPO, PSC, South Sudan Project Unit
- Duty station: Juba, South Sudan
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract level: P4
- Duration: 12 months with the possibility of renewal subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds, and satisfactory performance.
- Application period: 20-Jan-2023 to 12-Feb-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- An Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
How to Apply UNOPS Programme Management Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25243#3
The Closing Date: 12th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.