UNOPS Driver Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Driver”. Applicants with a degree in Secondary School Diploma may apply on or before 28th Feb 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Driver Jobs 2023
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs for the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Ensures prompt and accurate delivery of mails to all UN agencies, multilateral, bilateral, embassies and consular, government and non-governmental agencies/organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Delivers documents to the courier companies and other locations as required.
- Takes care of office documents for protocol clearance, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, other government agencies, Embassies and other international organizations operating from Addis Ababa. Also collects all documents destined to UNOPS ETOH office.
- Assists on clerical work in the office when not performing messenger and driving functions. Specifically, S/he binds documents destined to the UNOPS ETOH office and other partners, and ensures that documents for filing are well arranged for easy tracking by the Support Service / Operation Staff.
- Expedite functions related to staff visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Position in Organization:
- Job categories: Administration
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5001/25493
- Department/office: NYPO, PSC, Peace and Security Cluster
- Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Support
- Contract level: LICA-2
- Duration: Ongoing contract (Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance)
- Application period: 15-Feb-2023 to 28-Feb-2023
- Secondary School Diploma.
- A Minimum of two years of relevant experience is required.
How to Apply UNOPS Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25493
The Closing Date: 28th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.