UNOPS Administration Senior Assistant Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNOPS Ethiopia looking for “Administration Senior Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in First University Degree may apply on or before 1st March 2023.
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, dedicated to implementing projects for the United Nations System, international financial institutions, governments and other partners around the world. The organization’s global headquarters is located on the UN City campus in Copenhagen, Denmark.
UNOPS Administration Senior Assistant Jobs 2023
The UNOPS has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Administration Senior Assistant to be based in Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia.
UNOPS Job Vacancy 2023
Job Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Support Services Senior Officer, the Administration Senior Assistant will be responsible for the following summary of functions:
- Researches and retrieves statistical data from internal and external sources; prepares statistical charts, tables and reports, extracting data from various sources.
- Provides administrative support to organizing conferences, workshops, retreats.
- Records and issues minutes of meetings.
- Compiles information for periodic audits.
- Petty cash management.
- Processes travel transactions (authorizations and claims) including in OneUNOPS system, requests for visas, identity cards and other documents for all personnel, UN officials, and visitors, ensuring compliance with UN rules and regulations.
- Provides information on air services, rates and travel schedules for specific itineraries. Processes travel claims in OneUNOPS and purchase orders for travel activities, payments, and contracts.
- Prepares documentation for security clearances, processes hotel reservations, organizes airport pickups , hospitality, protocol, customs and immigration support for UNOPS personnel as necessary.
- Accurate and timely information on processes and pending issues regarding travel
- Supervises external contractor for transportation services, including client service and processing of invoices.
- In liaison with the Logistics unit, supervise transportation services including client service, regular vehicle maintenance, insurance, and monitoring of consumption.
- Acts as a custodian for management of office stationery supplies including maintenance of stock list of stationery, distribution of stationery as required by staff and keeping a log of distribution.
- Conducts and reports on surveys of office maintenance needs as well as client satisfaction
- Collects information for administrative surveys in support of the organization of common services.
- Contract management of office common services ensuring quality and compliance.
- Maintains admin documentation (hardcopy and online) including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials; for easy reference and retrieval, document management, including file closures, archiving.
- Provides sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in Administration.
- Contributes feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Maintains office documentation including records and files, ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
Position in Organization:
- Administration Senior Assistant
- Job categories: Administration
- Vacancy code: VA/2023/B5333/25489
- Department/office: AFR, ETMCO, Ethiopia MCO
- Duty station: Mekelle, Ethiopia
- Contract type: Local ICA Support
- Contract leve: lLICA-5
- Duration: Ongoing Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.’
- Application period: 16-Feb-2023 to 01-Mar-2023
Qualification & Experience:
- First University Degree (Bachelor or equivalent) in Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is an asset, but is not required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of administrative/operational experience in administration with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results is required.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries is an asset
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Experience/knowledge of Google Suite products, especially google forms, sheets, docs and slides is an asset.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including One UNOPS is desirable.
How to Apply UNOPS Administration Senior Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=25489#2
The Closing Date: 1st March 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.