UNODC Driver Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNODC Uganda looking for “Driver“. Applicants with a degree in High school diploma may apply on or before Feb. 06, 2023.
For two decades, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) has been helping make the world safer from drugs, organized crime, corruption and terrorism. We are committed to achieving health, security and justice for all by tackling these threats and promoting peace and sustainable well-being as deterrents to them.
UNODC Driver Jobs 2023
The UNODC has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 01, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Driver to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNODC Job Vacancy 2023
Within assigned authority, the Driver will be responsible for the following specific duties:
- Drive vehicles safely for the transport of authorized personnel and for the transport of general cargo goods.
- Make deliveries and collection of mail, documents, and other items, including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required and meet official(s), between the office and other offices and institutions, e.g., Ministries, Embassies, Permanent Missions, etc.
- Make minor purchases and collect urgent purchases from local suppliers as requested.
- Collect goods from the customs with due regard to customs regulations and formalities. May make or collect payment for goods.
- Meet official personnel at the airport.
- Deal effectively and tactfully with officials and visitors.
- Take care of the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, and vehicle tools; perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs and ensure that vehicle is kept clean.
- Report any damage or loss of vehicle tools.
- Log fuel consumption, maintenance etc.
- Ensure that in case of accident, the steps required by rules and regulations are taken.
- Apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of data as well as preparation of data presentations and reports for information sharing, responding to queries, knowledge management, planning and decision making.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Driver (temp), G3 (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: DRIVER
- Department/Office: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Duty Station: KAMPALA
- Posting Period: 31 January 2023 – 06 February 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Transportation-UNODC-200806-J-Kampala (O)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Driver training with a valid driver’s license is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience as a Driver with a safe driving record is required.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans and other kinds of motorized vehicles is desirable.
- Experience in administrative, general service and messenger services is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
How to Apply UNODC Driver Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200806
The Closing Date: Feb. 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.