UNMISS Telecommunications Technician Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Telecommunications Technician“. Applicants with a Bachelor’s Degree may apply on or before 28th February 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Telecommunications Technician Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th February 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Telecommunications Technician to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco Unity Connection (CUC), Instant Messaging (IM) & Presence.
- Deployment of Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Instant Messaging (IM) and Presence, Cisco unity (CUC) and Jabber.
- Provide support in Internet Protocol (IP) Phone configuration, installation, and repair.
- Ensure all Cisco unified Communications Manager (UCM) servers network connectivity and grounding, mitigate risk of equipment and services failure.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose network problems.
- Resolve complex voice call issues with multiple variables.
- Troubleshooting skills for Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Protocols, Lightweight directory access protocol (LDAP) synchronization, Phone registration, Call detail Record (CDR), backup, root cause analysis through logs, voice mail and other features.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of telephony services mission wide.
- Coordinate with other units to ensure internal and external telephony services are operational.
- Plan training and mentor national colleagues in the field of Cisco unified communications and services.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications for the requisition of Cisco unified Communications Manager (CUCM) equipment, accessories and services related to operational requirement of the Mission Telephony network.
- Coordinate with public switched telephone network (PSTN) service provider for Session Initiation protocol (SIP) Integration and services 100% accessibility.
- Ensure and coordinate with FTS service desk on end user support.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required education level:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Electronics/ Telecommunications Engineering
- 5 years of experience in Cisco Unified Communications Manager (UCM), Cisco unity Connection (CUC), Instant Messaging (IM) & Presence (v12.x) Relevant work/management experience, particularly in, concept of routing protocols and network switches, complex network infrastructure design, unified communications system implementation and integration, QOS features for VOIP, with excellent knowledge of current ICT protocols (MGCP/H323/SIP/SCCP) and applicable international principles/standards is required. ITIL v3/v4 Foundation, Prince2 Foundation and Cisco certifications such as Cisco Associated Network Associate CCNA (V) are desirable. Cisco Certified Design Professional CCDP or Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP is desirable as an added advantage.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Telecommunications Technician Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1716070180474112
The Closing Date: 28th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.