UNMISS Special Assistant Political Affairs Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Special Assistant Political Affairs“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 6th Feb 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Special Assistant Political Affairs Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th Jan 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Special Assistant Political Affairs to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Responsibilities: Within the limits of delegated authority, the Special Assistant will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Provide substantive and logistical support to the Head of Integrated Office in the implementation of the Mission’s mandate as given by the Security Council, and the work of the United Nations Country Team (UNCT) and Humanitarian Country Team (HCT); Organize and manage the Head of Integrated Office’s meetings and official missions, prepare summaries of discussions and monitor follow-up activities; Liaise and maintain close working relationship with officials of state institutions, political parties, UNCT, HCT, non-governmental organizations, civil society organizations, religious actors; Coordinate UNMISS’ collaboration with the UNCT, HCT and external partners, maintain a functional relationship between UNMISS and the UNCT and HCT, and monitor its performance on a day-to-day basis. Keep UNHQ timely informed on issues under the responsibility of the Integrated Office of the DSRSG/RC/HC;
- Identify, analyze and monitor political, humanitarian and economic developments and emerging issues with respect to the implementation of the Mission’s mandate, and the work of the UNCT and HCT; Assess implications and make recommendations on possible UN policies, strategies, and other measures; Coordinate/draft summaries and analytical reports including code cables and reports to the Security Council; Prepare talking points, take notes in meetings and give inputs to speeches. Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Head of Integrated Office.
- As requested, deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence of the Head of Integrated Office; Draft correspondence for the Head of Integrated Office’s signature, as well as other internal notes; Assist in media liaison and manage interview requests; Provide timely inputs to UNHQ materials as requested;
- Bring to the attention of the Head of Integrated Office all matters requiring their personal attention, assist in formulating options as to how those matters might be handled, and ensure appropriate follow-up, as directed; Assist in the selection of new staff; Supervise and arrange official missions and travel of the Head of Integrated Office; Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: SPECIAL ASSISTANT, POLITICAL AFFAIRS, P3
- Job Code Title: SPECIAL ASSISTANT, POLITICAL AFFAIRS
- Department/Office: United Nations Mission in the Republic of South Sudan
- Duty Station: Juba
- Posting Period: 23 January 2023 – 06 February 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-200168-F- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations, social science, economics, law, public administration, or a related field. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, diplomacy, conflict resolution, or related field is required.
- Experience in cross-cutting issues, political outreach, facilitation, analysis, advice, and reporting is required.
- Experience working on protection of civilians, early recovery or humanitarian programming is desirable.
- Experience working in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable.
- Previous experience working in the office of a senior public official and/or as a Special Assistant (or similar) to a senior official is desirable.
- Field experience with the UN common system (UN Peacekeeping or special political missions, or UN Agencies, Funds and Programmes) is desirable.
- Experience in East Africa region is desirable.
How to Apply UNMISS Special Assistant Political Affairs Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200168
The Closing Date: 6th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.