UNMISS Joint Operations Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Joint Operations Officer“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 07th February 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Joint Operations Officer Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 24th January 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Joint Operations Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
UNMISS Job Vacancy 2023
Org. Setting and Reporting: This position is located within the Civil Affairs Division of the United Nations Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS). The Joint Operations Officer will be based in Torit. Torit is classified as an “E” hardship duty station and a non-family duty station. The incumbent reports to the Director of Civil Affairs Division through Senior Civil Affairs Officer.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations or a related subject is required. A first-level university degree in combination with other relevant academic qualifications and/or experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs, civil affairs, humanitarian affairs, human rights, public information/journalism, military, police, security, crisis operations and management, or related field is required.
- Professional experience preparing high-quality, time-sensitive summary and analytical briefings on political and/or security issues is required.
- Experience in data management and production of visual data products is required.
- Experience working in a conflict or post-conflict setting, in a situational room context is required.
- Experience in East Africa is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required.
- Job Opening Number: 23-Political Affairs-UNMISS-200232-F- (M)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Joint Operations Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200232
The Closing Date: 07th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.