UNMISS Fire Safety Officer Jobs 2023 – South Sudan NGO Jobs. UNMISS South Sudan looking for “Fire Safety Officer“. Applicants with a Vocational Diploma may apply on or before 27th February 2023.
The United Nations Mission in South Sudan is a United Nations peacekeeping mission for the recently independent South Sudan, which became independent on 9 July 2011. UNMISS was established on 8 July 2011 by United Nations Security Council Resolution 1996.
UNMISS Fire Safety Officer Jobs 2023
The UNMISS has published a job vacancy announcement on 16th February 2023 for qualified South Sudanese to fill in the vacant post of Fire Safety Officer to be based in Juba, South Sudan.
Under the direct supervision of Air Operations OIC in the region, and supporting UNMISS Aviation operations by providing firefighting and rescue services in accordance with established rules and regulations, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Installing, inspecting, and maintaining UNMISS firefighting equipment and materials at airfields and helipads,
- Ensuring integrity of all firefighting equipment and materials at airfields and helipads
- Conducting relevant trainings for all firefighters and drivers on the proper operation of all firefighting equipment at airfields and helipads
- Conducting fire investigations to establish causes of fires and make appropriate preventive recommendations for future uses,
- Carrying out fire safety surveys at airfields/helipads and making recommendations to the fire safety officer for effective fire prevention and protective measures.
- Keeping records of all firefighting equipment and materials at different airfields and helipads and advising the Aviation fire Safety officer on the improvement, replenishment and replacement of fire equipment, materials, and chemicals.
- Performing other duties, related to fire fighting and prevention as directed by the supervisor.
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for in-stance in events that mark International Volunteer Day).
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.
- •Assist with the UNV Buddy Programm for newly arrived UN Volunteers.
- Promote capacity development activities and transfer of skills to national personnel during the assignment.
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required education level:
- Technical/vocational diploma in Basic Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ICAO 111 or NFPA/FAA equivalent)
- 3 years of experience in firefighting operations in the field of aviation, preferably at level of leading Fireman/Crash tender Operator
- General knowledge of international procedures and regulations for firefighting operations, airside vehicle operations and aviation operations is required.
- Basic certificate in Aviation Firefighting and Rescue (ICAO 111 or equivalent) is required.
- Basic First Aid/Life Support qualification is required
- Training in basic instructional techniques
- Experience in VHF radio communications is desired
- Sound security awareness
- English, Level: Fluent, Required
- Arabic, Level: Fluent, Desirable
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNMISS Fire Safety Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1715893252366592
The Closing Date: 27th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.