- DEADLINE: from January 4 to 18, 2023.
This post is also available in: Français
The University of Turku, Finland, supports deserving and motivated international students with generous scholarships. These scholarships are offered for studies at
bachelor and master level, for students subject to tuition fees.
UPDATE : For the 2023 academic year, the University of Turku does not offer any international bachelor’s degree programs.
The University of Turku (UTU) is a Finnish public university based in Turku. With 25,000 students and staff members in 2022, it is the second university in Finland by number of students after the University of Helsinki. According to the 2023 QS World Rankings, it is ranked 291ᵉ in the world and third to Finland.
The University of Turku scholarships are awarded based on academic merits. They will be granted to up to 30% of admitted students who are subject to tuition fees. The scholarship covers the duration of the degree (three years for the bachelor’s and two years for the master’s).
DEADLINE: apply from January 4 to 18, 2023.
LEVEL: Bachelor’s, Master’s.
AMOUNT: Exemption from registration fees plus an allowance.
DURATION: duration of the diploma.
ELIGIBLE GROUP: Citizens of countries outside the European Union.
Two categories of scholarships are available. Applicants will automatically be considered for :
Finland scholarship (Master only):
It covers tuition fees and includes a separate unique stipend of €5,000 for expenses related to starting studies in Turku, Finland.
It is granted for the best non-EU/EEA citizen applicants admitted to master studies at the University of Turku. Each master program at UTU can award a Finnish scholarship to its most deserving applicants. The number of Finnish scholarship holders per program depends on the program quota.
The University of Turku scholarship (Bachelor and Master):
Covers tuition fees (worth €2,000 to €12,000). It will be granted to up to 30% of admitted students from countries outside the European Union.
Available fields of study
At UTU, you can study in international master programs taught in English. UTU offers master studies in the following fields:
- ECONOMICS AND BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION.
- HEALTH AND BIOMEDICAL SCIENCES.
- TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING.
- NATURAL SCIENCES.
- SOCIAL AND HUMAN SCIENCES.
You are an eligible candidate for Masters level studies if you have an undergraduate degree recognized in your country and your degree is in a field relevant to the Masters program you are applying for.
You are eligible for undergraduate studies if you hold an upper secondary school certificate.
In addition, you must have excellent English skills and a certificate that proves these skills.
How to Apply to the University of Turku Scholarship?
To apply to the University of Turku scholarship (or the Finnish scholarship) follow these steps:
- Find the study program that suits you: you can consult the complete list of international degree programs HERE. Check the admission criteria for the program(s) you wish to apply to and make sure you are eligible.
- Complete and submit the online application form. The application form is only available during the application period (from 4 to 18 January 2023, 15:00 GMT+2). You will find a link to the application form on the page of the program to which you wish to apply to. Applications are submitted through www.studyinfo.fi.
- The results will be published on March 30, 2023. All applicants will be informed of the decision by e-mail. If you are admitted, you will receive the offer of admission and the possible scholarship letter by email.
During your application, you will be asked for the following documents. Attach only scans of the original documents to the application form, you do not need to send the documents by post:
- Copy of diploma or a temporary diploma certificate (if you have not yet graduated).
- Transcription of study records.
- Other country or program-specific documents.
The University of Turku requires an original transcript of study records (in the original language) AND an official translation in English, Finnish, or Swedish (or an English diploma supplement for European university graduates) of the transcript of records.
Apply for the Finland scholarship as well as the University of Turku scholarship from 4 to 18 January 2023.
For any questions, join the University of Turku online Q&A Webinar with Admissions Services on December 13. Register for free at this link. You can also contact the University of Turku on these addresses : [email protected] or [email protected].