The University of Kent is inviting applications from interested and qualified applicants for its Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) Doctoral Scholarship 2023. The EPSRC scholarship opportunity is available to both domestic and international students.
The studentships are open to Home and Overseas (including EU) students. The scholarship program covers tuition fees and an annual maintenance grant (££17,668 for 2022/23) for all applicants who wish to study in the University.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): University of Kent, UK
Scholarship Worth: Covers tuition fees & annual maintenance grant £17,668
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
Also Apply: University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 (Fully-funded)
University of Kent EPSRC Doctoral Scholarship | DETAILS
These scholarships include a doctoral stipend (equivalent to the Research Councils UK National Minimum Doctoral Stipend, £17,668 2022/23 rate, 2023/24 to be announced) for 3.5 years, tuition fees at the home rate and access to further research support funding. If you are applying as an international candidate, Kent will waive the difference between Home and International fees.
If you are applying as an international candidate, Kent will waive the difference between Home and International fees.
To be eligible for University of Kent EPSRC Doctoral Scholarship, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants should have, or expect to obtain, a first or upper second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, and ideally a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Open to Home and Overseas (including EU) students. To be classed as a Home student, candidates must meet the RCUK residency criteria, see appendix B.
UK residential conditions:
- Be a UK National (meeting UKRI residency requirements), or
- Have settled status, or
- Have pre-settled status (meeting residency requirement) or
- Have indefinite leave to remain or enter
If you are applying as an overseas student (this includes EU nationals), Kent will waive the difference between the Home and Oversea fees. The number of international studentships awarded per cohort is capped by UKRI at 30%
- Successful candidates will demonstrate academic excellence and outstanding research potential.
See Also: TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Developing Countries 2023 (Fully-funded)
How-to-Apply: When applying, students should follow the University of Kent’s online application process. As part of the process, students should include the following:
- Explain reasons for study/outline research proposal
- Provide details/evidence of qualifications
- Provide two academic references
- Provide other personal information and supporting documentation.
Application Deadline: March 05, 2023
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP LINKS