United Nations Secretariat Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. United Nations Secretariat Zimbabwe looking for “Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) may apply on or before Feb. 06, 2023.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter. The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world. But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
United Nations Secretariat Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
The United Nations Secretariat has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 02, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Secretariat|
|Position||Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Five years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 06, 2023|
United Nations Secretariat Job Vacancy 2023
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will perform the following functions/duties:
Support Strengthening of Multi-Sectoral Coordination Linkages Between Humanitarian and Development Partners and Actors:
- Develop and implement a multi-sectoral coordination strategy and plan.
- Convene forums and activities to facilitate a common understanding of the risks and priority needs and promote coherence in approaches and responses to disaster risk reduction and resilience building.
- Mobilise capacity building support to coordination structures at national and sub-national levels including by harnessing existing global coordination tools for disaster risk reduction and management.
Position in Organization:
- Posting Title: Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer, NOC (Temporary Job Opening)
- Job Code Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: Resident Coordinator System
- Duty Station: HARARE
- Posting Period: 31 January 2023 – 06 February 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Programme Management-RCS-200594-J-Harare (E)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in political science, social sciences, sustainable development, public administration, international studies or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
- Previous work experience in humanitarian affairs and disaster management in Zimbabwe is desirable.
- Previous work experience in the UN Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- A minimum of two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Shona is an advantage. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is desirable.
How to Apply United Nations Secretariat Disaster Risk Reduction and Resilience Coordination Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200594
The Closing Date: Feb. 06, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.