UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Social Policy Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Social Policy Specialist to be based in Sokoto, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, the incumbent is responsible for providing technical support to the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all stages of social policy programing and related advocacy from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of concrete and sustainable results.
- Supports the collection, analysis, and user-friendly presentation of data on multidimensional and monetary child poverty, including strengthening national capacity to collect routinely, report and use data for policy decision-making.
- Provides timely, regular data-driven analysis for effective prioritization, planning, and development; facilitates results-based management for planning, adjusting, and scaling-up specific social policy initiatives to reduce child poverty.
- Analyzes the macroeconomic context and its impact on social development, emerging issues, and social policy concerns, as well as implications for children, and proposes and promotes appropriate responses in respect of such issues and concerns, including government resource allocation policies and the effects of social welfare policies on the rights of children
- Undertakes improved monitoring and research around social protection impact on child outcomes and use of data and research findings for strengthening programme results.
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience is required
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as a strong asset
- Job no: 558763
- Contract type: Fixed Term Appointment
- Level: NO-3
- Categories: Social Policy
How to Apply UNICEF Social Policy Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.