UNICEF Regional Director Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Regional Director”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Regional Director Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 January 2022 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Director to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
As the head of the Regional Office, the Regional Director is accountable to the Executive Director for overall achievement of the goals, strategy and objectives of UNICEF-assisted regional programmes, the overall quality of emergency response, as well as the effective coordination and oversight of UNICEF offices in the region.
Advocacy, Leadership and Representation:
- Advocate for the rights of children at the regional level and create new opportunities to improve the situation of children and women through relationships and networks with regional partners.
- Represent UNICEF in the region and establish and maintain highest level of contacts and effective relationships with regional partners, including those of the UN and national partners, intergovernmental organizations, international financial institutions, NGOs and civil society.
- Direct and provide leadership and guidance to influence regional initiatives and policies to improve the wellbeing of women and children through regional declarations, public policy decisions, and resource allocations in support of children.
- Lead and direct the Regional Management Team (RMT) and contribute to and serve as a member of the Global Management Team (GMT). Ensure the proper functioning of the RMT and its committees. As the principal member of RMT, exercise leadership to manage the decision-making process for the region. Advise on policies, strategies and human and financial resources allocations, monitoring implementation and evaluation of regional results and lessons learned.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Public Information, Media, Communication, Human Resources, Financial Management, Business or Public Administration, or other relevant disciplines to UNICEF’s work.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience that combines intellectual and managerial leadership in an international organization or corporation is required.
- Fluency in English is required. A good working knowledge of another UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) or Portuguese is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated expereince in leading by example and encouraging excellence, professionalism, competence, innovation, integrity and core values.
- Excellent leadership, managerial and people skills, with particular strengths in supporting, nurturing, motivating and engaging diverse teams and individual personnel.
- Demonstrated risk and crisis management skills.
- Strong partnership building, communication, advocacy, diplomacy and negotiations skills.
- Prior leadership experience within the UN and/or other intergovernmental institutions and international entities.
- Prior leadership expereince within humanitarian and emergency context which is considered a strong asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Regional Director Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.