UNICEF Operations Manager Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNICEF Kenya looking for “Operations Manager”. Applicants with a Advance degree (MS/MBA) in Accounting may apply on or before 04 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Operations Manager Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 January 2042 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Operations Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide Leadership in the planning and the implementation of capacity building activities of staff and particularly of implementing partners on HACT to improve budgeting and financial management capacities of implementing partners. Ensure that inventory of training and capacity development needs of implementing partners is developed. Plan and organize training programmes in the areas of budgeting and financial management and procurement for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Support Country Office Management in development and roll out of Office Accountability Framework based on UNICEF Accountability Framework. Responsible for office processes to proactively and systematically identify, assess and manage key risks and opportunities to facilitate the achievement of CO objectives and planned results. Responsible for process leading to office undertaking twice a year risk control self-assessment (RCSA) and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as part of the mid and annual review process, reports on the outcomes and propose mitigating activities and implementation status. Regularly monitor the status of actions defined to mitigate significant risks and update the Office Risk Profile. Focal point in updating and ensuring quality Risk assessment and management information is updated under the Performance Management System.
- Implement activities that create general awareness and common understanding among staff of key strategic, programmatic, operational and financial risks. Ensure there is general sense of ownership and that risk management efforts are embedded into key country programme planning, financing and implementation processes, allowing for an adequate and timely allocation of financial, operational and programmatic resources for that purpose.
- Under the framework of UNICEF Policies, Guidelines, Standards, Country Office Management Plan, contribute to the development of office standards, new approaches and methodologies and streamlining of transaction Work Processes and Simplified Operating Procedures (SOPs) through participation in Internal Control meetings and consultations with staff. Perform compliance tests and report on the implementation of SOPs and Work Processes. Review and update Table of Authority (TOA)and ensure Segregation of Duties (SODs) and violations to SODs mitigated timely
Qualification & Experience:
- Advance degree (MS/MBA) in Accounting or Enterprise Risk Management supplemented by CPA/ACCA or Certified Auditor (CFIA) or ACFE (Certified Fraud Examiner) and certificate course in Certified Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in risk management and auditing
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Operations Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 04 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.