UNICEF Nutrition Officer Emergency Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Nutrition Officer Emergency”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 13 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Nutrition Officer Emergency Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Officer Emergency to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
To enable UNICEF to execute the above strategy in the context of emergencies, UNICEF Nigeria is seeking a Nutrition Officer (NO-B) to be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Specifically, the Nutrition Officer will be responsible for the following:
Support the Nutrition Specialist in Abuja and Field Offices to ensure high-quality Programme development and execution along the development-humanitarian nexus
Develop high-quality concept notes, proposals, reports, and documents to mobilize resources and document results for impact
Work closely with policy and data specialists to strengthen the enabling environment to advance nutrition in emergencies
Work closely with the Nutrition Sector partners and UNICEF’s Supply Team to ensure a secure commodity pipeline for life-saving nutrition services.
- Contribute to the development of multi-sectoral nutrition programming in the context of emergencies, particularly for those in the First 1000 Days of Life.
- Ensure gender-sensitive, rights, and results-based planning and Programme development
- Ensure alignment of Programme design with national and sub-national priorities as well as UNICEF and UN policies and strategies
- Provide technical input and oversight to the implementation of programmes along the humanitarian-development nexus
- Ensure availability of near-real-time data and conduct analysis, including budget and financial, to inform decision-making, enable mid-course corrections, facilitate Programme reviews with internal and external stakeholders, and unlock resources
- Be accountable for and manage internal and external resources, effectively and efficiently
- A master’s degree in one of the following fields is required: nutrition, public health, nutritional epidemiology, global/international health, and nutrition, health/nutrition research, policy and/or management, health sciences, nutritional epidemiology, or another health-related science field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience.
- Experience in implementing nutrition programming in an emergency context
- Knowledge of the UN rules, procedures, and regulations and/or working experience for the UN or other international development organization would be an asset
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in analytical, research methodology, and statistical skills are an added advantage.
- Job no: 559203
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Level: NO-2
- Categories: Nutrition
How to Apply UNICEF Nutrition Officer Emergency Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.