UNICEF Nutrition Manager Diets and Practices Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria looking for “Nutrition Manager Diets and Practices”. Applicants with a Master’s in Nutrition, Social Science may apply on or before 20 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Nutrition Manager Diets and Practices Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 07 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Nutrition Manager Diets and Practices to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
To enable UNICEF to address social and behavioral practices that influence diets and practices in the first 1,000 days of life, UNICEF Nigeria is seeking a Nutrition Manager (P4, Temporary Assignment) to be based in Abuja, Nigeria. Specifically, the Nutrition Manager will be responsible for the following:
Develop evidence-informed, gender-sensitive, human-centered strategy to create a ‘new normal’ for diets and practices in Nigeria, particularly in the First 1000 Days of life.
Engage with stakeholders (internal and external) to execute a harmonized strategy at scale at the national and sub-national levels using a variety of platforms and channels to reach audiences
Ensure the availability of high-quality data (qualitative and quantitative) to inform the strategy, enable course correction and report progress against outcomes.
Mobilize resources (both domestic and international) to execute the strategy by developing high-quality concept notes and proposals.
Be accountable for the documentation of results through reports, presentations, publications, etc.
- Review and refine the analysis of the recently concluded formative research on the First 1000 Days to inform the development of a multi-channel, state of art, gender-sensitive, integrated, human-centered behavior change strategy at scale.
- Engage with stakeholders (internal and external) to support the government to develop and validate a National Social Behavior Change Strategy for Nutrition. Support UNICEF Field Offices to adapt the national strategy to state-specific strategies and plans.
- Aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework 2022-2026 (UNSDCF), regional strategies, as well as national priorities, plans, and competencies, formulate, design, and prepare high-quality concept notes and proposals to mobilize resources and document results for impact.
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of Master’s in Nutrition, Social Science, Anthropology, Sociology, etc.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national or international level on gender-transformative, human-centered, nutrition diets and practices in the First 1,000 Days of Life.
- Proven experience in leading multi-stakeholder engagement with Government and partners
- Understanding both development and humanitarian contexts is an advantage.
- Experience working on marketing strategies is an advantage.
- Experience in health/nutrition Programme/ project development and management in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Job no: 559209
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Level: P-4
- Categories: Nutrition
How to Apply UNICEF Nutrition Manager Diets and Practices Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 20 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.