UNICEF Education Specialist Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNICEF Nigeria programme looking for “Education Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 02 February 2023.
UNICEF, also the United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund, is a United Nations agency responsible for providing humanitarian and developmental aid to children worldwide. The agency is among the most widespread and recognizable social welfare organizations in the world, with a presence in 192 countries and territories.
UNICEF Education Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on 20 January 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Education Specialist to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference: The Specialist contributes to achievement of results according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM), as well as UNICEF’s Strategic Plans, standards of performance, and accountability framework.
Support to programme development and planning:
- Support the preparation, design and updating of the situation analysis for the education programmes with focus on the learning/quality component to ensure that current and comprehensive data on quality learning and learning outcome is available to guide UNICEF’s strategic policy, advocacy, intervention and development efforts on education programmes.
- Help supervisor set priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans. Keep abreast of development trends to enhance programme management, efficiency and delivery.
- Participate in strategic programme discussion on the planning of education programmes. Formulate, design and prepare programme proposals for the sector, ensuring alignment with UNICEF’s Strategic Plans and Country Programme and coherence/integration with the UN Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), regional strategies and national priorities, plans and competencies.
- Provide technical support in establishing specific goals, objectives, strategies and implementation plans for the learning/quality component of the education program using results-based planning terminology and methodology (RBM). Prepare required documentations for programme review and approval.
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal colleagues and partners to discuss strategies and methodologies, and to determine national priorities to ensure the achievement of concrete and sustainable results. –
- Provide technical and operational support throughout all stages of programming processes and to ensure that well-planned/structured learning interventions are conducted.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in one of the following fields is required: education, economics, psychology, sociology, or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in programme planning, implementation and management in education especially in the area of learning and teacher quality at the international level, some of which preferably in emergency context.
- Experience working in emergency context is considered as an asset. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNICEF Education Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.