UNICEF Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy) Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNICEF Zimbabwe looking for “Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy)“. Applicants with a degree in University degree may apply on or before Feb. 01, 2023.
UNICEF is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
UNICEF Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy) Jobs 2023
The UNICEF has published a job vacancy announcement on January 23, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy) to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNICEF Job Vacancy 2023
How can you make a difference?
- A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen within UNICEF Zimbabwe’s Communication Section for a committed and highly experienced Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy). Reporting to the Chief communication, the Communication officer Assists in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating a donor communication, visibility and advocacy strategy to strengthen the partnership with donors and support the resource mobilization efforts of the organization.
Position in Organization:
- Job no: 558807
- Contract type: Temporary Appointment
- Duty Station: Harare
- Level: NO-2
- Location: Zimbabwe
- Categories: Communication
- A University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field .
- A minimum of two years practical professional work experience in communication, including on donor relations and donor communication and visibility.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of a local language is an asset.
Specific Technical Knowledge Required
- Specific and up-to-date working knowledge of:
- Executive Board and other policy documents
- Executive Directives
- UNICEF Strategic Plan
- UN/UNICEF Policy Papers
- UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines
- UNICEF Guidance on Donor Relationship
- Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF
- General administrative and financial guidelines
- Human resources manual
- UNICEF communication and other GCA guidelines
- Communication toolkit
- Brand Toolkit and Brand Book
- UNICEF Stylebook
- Ethical Guidelines on Reporting on Children
Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the job)
- Knowledge and expertise in management, communication strategy and networking
- Donor landscape in Zimbabwe, including UNICEF donor landscape
- Technical competence in producing content for various media formats – print, audio, video, web etc.
- UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses.
- UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions
- UN security operations and guidelines
How to Apply UNICEF Communication Officer (Donor Communication Strategy) Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/558807
The Closing Date: Feb. 01, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.