UNHCR Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNHCR Uganda looking for “Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before Feb. 16, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
UNHCR Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 06, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- – Assist in the implementation of registration, enrolment and digital identity strategies, for populations of concern in compliance with global and regional protection and inclusion objectives and priorities, ensuring that relevant standards are met, and appropriate methodologies and technologies are implemented.
- – Provide technical support to staff on planned registration and digital identity management activities.
- – Contribute to the development and dissemination of operational guidance, instructions and capacity-development initiatives, in accordance with policy and guidance disseminated by the Global Data Service in Headquarters.
- – Design appropriate procedures and systems for assurance of quality registration data and conduct regular data quality and audit checks to monitor the accuracy of data collected, as well as a tool for identification and prevention of fraud.
- – Provide post-deployment support and maintenance of the UNHCR refugee systems applications as required.
- – Assist the country team to establish and strengthen internal digital identity, registration and identity management capacity and/or that of government counterparts to manage registration and maintain population data.
- – Liaise with Digital Identity and Registration Section of the Global Data Service as necessary to facilitate registration and identity management activities in the region/ country.
- – Advocate with and support government authorities to establish and strengthen fair and efficient registration and digital identification procedures and systems and that POCs¿ identity documents or credentials are recognised for the purposes of accessing humanitarian, public and private sector services.
- – Establish linkages with key partners to implement appropriate case and data management approaches for efficient, accountable and standardized targeting and delivery of assistance and other programming and protection needs.
- – Support the operationalization and negotiation with government and UN partners related to interoperability of external digital identification systems with UNHCR refugee registration and identity management systems.
- – Liaise and actively engage with government, humanitarian and development actors, and the private sector to promote the inclusion of refugees and asylum-seekers into host States¿ population registers and digital identity systems and the registration of birth, marriages, deaths and other vital events of forcibly displaced persons in the host Government¿s civil registry.
- – Support the collection of reliable data and the availability of effective analysis relating to POCs¿ registration, identity management and digital identification at global, regional and country levels (as appropriate) including for the purposes of strategy development and monitoring and evaluation.
- – Monitor, document and report on registration and identity management activities at the regional/ country level, and report on the impact of support interventions to the management of operations.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- Full time
- Posted 5 Days Ago
- job requisition id: JR2311614
- 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate degree.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
How to Apply UNHCR Associate Registration and Identity Management Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Assc-Registr-Identity-Mgmt-Off_JR2311614
The Closing Date: Feb. 16, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.