UNHCR Assistant Development Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNHCR Ethiopia looking for “Assistant Development Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Undergraduate Degree may apply on or before 26th Feb 2023.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, with over 17,300 staff working in 135 countries.
UNHCR Assistant Development Officer Jobs 2023
The UNHCR has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Assistant Development Officer to be based in Asosa, Ethiopia.
|Recruiter||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)|
|Position||Assistant Development Officer|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum One years|
|Application Deadline||26th Feb 2023|
UNHCR Job Vacancy 2023
- Assist in commissioning and/or conducting practical research and analysis to interpret long-term political, economic and social trends that will enhance opportunities for solutions, resilience and inclusion for populations of concern to UNHCR as well as more sustainable approaches to refugee protection. Help ensure evidence generated from analytical and advisory services needs to be translated better into context-specific policy dialogue, project design, and programming.
- Assist in planning for resilience and inclusion with a clear shared vision of longer-term protection and solution outcomes for people of concern that takes account of host communities and leverages the roles, resources and capacities of development partners, including Multilateral Development Banks, and Bilateral Development agencies and donors.
- Support the facilitation of the development of comprehensive multi-year transition plans/strategies (incl. Multi-Year Multi-Partner Strategies) for Persons of Concern to UNHCR and/or facilitate the inclusion of populations of concern into national and local development planning and programming instruments.
- Support the identification, strategic articulation and capitalization of development and resilience opportunities, including through Government pledges and or pledges made by bilateral or multilateral development and/or peacebuilding partners.
- Assist in facilitating relationship building with development co-operation agencies and peace and state-building agendas through the different stages of policy and programme identification, preparation, implementation and review.
- Support the development of partnerships and networks with development actors to influence the policy dialogue with governments on institutional arrangements related to sectors, locations and programme content of consequence to UNHCR and persons of concern. This would, in particular, focus on supporting the coordination of the in-country relationship with the World Bank and other multilateral development banks, especially where there is potential for specific funding directed towards UNHCR¿s persons of concern (e.g. WB IDA sub-window for refugees and host communities or the WB Global Concessional Financing Facility).
- Support the cooperation with development partners to assist them in incorporating the concerns of refugees, returnees and others of concern to UNHCR into the design and implementation arrangements of projects and interventions in a manner that impacts positively on protection circumstances.
- Support the operation to ensure that development actors are provided relevant data to inform their planning, programming and advocacy around resilience for and inclusion of UNHCR persons of concern.
- Support the facilitation, coordination, collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and experience between UNHCR and development actors and across UNHCR operations globally by documenting and disseminating good practices and active participation in the Division of Resilience and Solutions¿ Development Partnerships Community of Practice.
- Support training activities aimed at the capacity building of UNHCR and partner agency staff to achieve greater coordination, effectiveness and synergies between humanitarian and development interventions.
Position in Organization:
- Assistant Development Officer
- Asosa, Ethiopia
- Time type: Full time
- job requisition id: JR2312333
- Deadline: 26th Feb 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree.
- 1 year relevant experience.
How to Apply UNHCR Assistant Development Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://unhcr.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Assistant-Development-Officer_JR2312333-1?locationCountry=db69c460446c11de98360015c5e6daf6
The Closing Date: 26th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.