UNFPA Socio-Economic Policy Advisor Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNFPA South Africa looking for “Socio-Economic Policy Advisor“. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 17th February 2023.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA Socio-Economic Policy Advisor Jobs 2023
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 01th February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Socio-Economic Policy Advisor to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The UNFPA Regional Office for East and Southern Africa established a Multi-Country Middle-Income Countries (MIC) Technical Hub, based in Johannesburg, to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of its presence and programme support in the region. The MIC Hub provides unique technical expertise and programme advisory services to Country Offices based in a select group of middle income countries in Southern Africa, i.e. Botswana, Eswatini, Mauritius, Namibia, Seychelles and South Africa.
- Master’s degree/ Advanced university degree in public health, medicine, demography, economics, international development, public administration, management or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in management and leading development programmes and inclusive policy actions relevant to addressing the socio-economics dimensions of SRHR, including health economics, health financing, social policy and financing, social protection, and related areas.
- Understanding of UNFPA’s mandate in particular sexual and reproductive health, rights-based family planning, gender-based violence, population dynamics; population data, etc.
- Established engagement within global and regional professional networks related to the portfolio;
- Strong track record of producing demonstrable results at regional and country offices;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with regional and national counterparts, academia and development partners;
- Field experience is strongly desirable including in Middle Income Country Contexts
- Must be fluent in English. Knowledge if another UN language is an asset.
- Job Identification: 8153
- Vacancy Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: Negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Socio-Economic Policy Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI…..
The Closing Date: 17th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.