UNFPA Regional Coordinator Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNFPA South Africa looking for “Regional Coordinator“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 25th February 2023.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA Regional Coordinator Jobs 2023
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Adolescents and youth policy underpinned by enabling laws, youth participation, leadership and accountability are at the core of UNFPA’s mandate and the three transformative results. Sexual and reproductive health and rights is an integral part of adolescent and young people’s transition into adulthood. Decisions about these are closely tied to their education, employment, sustainable livelihood and participation in decision-making processes. UNFPA is one of the pioneering agencies in working with young people and has contributed to shaping the youth space within the UN system. As such, UNFPA’s work on youth leadership and participation provides a crucial backbone for its mandate. Through its Strategic Plan 2022-2025 and the UNFPA’s Strategy on Youth, known as My Body, My Life, My World, UNFPA supports global, regional and national youth networks and organizations in advancing youth development issues, human rights, humanitarian action and peacebuilding efforts.
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Medicine, Social Sciences, Sociology, Demography, Gender, Economics, International Relations, International Development, Public Administration, Management, Communications or other related fields.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in management and/or programme development related to Adolescent and Youth, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights, of which at least three at the international level;
- Hands-on experience in participating or leading a youth-led organization or network is an asset
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience in population and development, sexual and reproductive health, and gender;
- Experience in programme and/or technical assistance within the UN System;
- Field experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required; French and/or Portuguese are desirable.
- Level: P4
- Position Number: 87668
- Job Identification: 8437
- Full/Part time: Full time
- Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed term
- Rotational/Non-Rotational: Non-Rotational
- Duration: One Year (initially)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Regional Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 25th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.