UNFPA Regional Adviser Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. UNFPA South Africa looking for “Regional Adviser“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 25th February 2023.
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide. Its work includes developing national healthcare strategies and protocols, increasing access to birth control, and leading campaigns against child marriage, gender-based violence, obstetric fistula, and female genital mutilation.
UNFPA Regional Adviser Jobs 2023
The UNFPA has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Regional Adviser to be based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
UNFPA Job Vacancy 2023
The Position: The Regional Adviser Gender and Human Rights post is located in the East and Southern Regional Office of UNFPA, Johannesburg. S/he is under the overall supervision of the Regional Director and direct supervision of the Deputy Regional Director. S/he leads the Gender and Human Rights component of the Regional Programme, and provides and coordinates technical advice and support to Country Offices in the ESA region on Gender-related issues, including GBV prevention and response, FGM and gender mainstreaming. The Regional Adviser is also a member of the Integrated Sexual Reproductive Health team and ensure mainstreaming of gender transformative and human rights approaches across all components of the regional programme.
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in gender development studies, anthropology, sociology, human rights, law, cultural studies, international development, or other field directly related to Gender equality, Human Rights.
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 10 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of Gender and Human Rights, of which seven years is at the international level;
- Knowledge and understanding of Gender transformative and human rights-based approach and reporting mechanisms is essential;
- Experience in evidence-informed policy advocacy, negotiations and agenda-shaping to advance gender and human rights for women and youth, and development of national actions plans, systems and mechanisms to address gender and social norms change and inequalities is essential, including GBV and harmful practices, as well as social protection systems;
- Demonstrable experience in providing technical leadership and leading capacity building initiatives in gender and human rights across humanitarian, development and peace settings;
- Experience in working with non-state actors, including Civil Society, Academia, Private sector, networks and coalitions is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilise resources and network with bilateral and multilateral institutions, including donors;
- Familiarity with UN systems and procedures, management and monitoring tools.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English is essential and working knowledge of other relevant UN languages in the region is desirable;
- Familiarity with management and monitoring tools, M&E and VfM is desirable;
- Field experience is strongly desirable.
Required Skill Set:
- Ability to identify the relative merits of different policy arguments in the broad or specific thematic area, applying principles and reasoned personal view in a logical and coherent way including presentation of reasoned choice between alternative opinions and solutions;
- Ability to conceptualize and to integrate knowledge with broader strategic, policy and operational objectives;
- Ability to organize information using appropriate mode of presentation and style and to communicate effectively, illustrating relevance of information to the intended audience;
- Ability to produce high quality practical advisory reports and knowledge products in English;
- Ability to promote knowledge management and a learning environment through leadership and personal example;
- Ability to work with and within inter-disciplinary and multicultural groups to find agreed solutions to set problems and to accept responsibility and accountability for performance on any aspect of a team task; and
- Strong negotiating and networking skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an asset.
- Level: P5
- Job Identification: 8438
- Position Number: 00035642
- Full/Part time: Full time
- Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed term
- Rotational/Non-Rotational: Non-Rotational
- Duration: One Year (initially)
- Selection Process: Interview
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNFPA Regional Adviser Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI………
The Closing Date: 25th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.