UNESCO Associate National Project Officer Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNESCO Zimbabwe looking for “Associate National Project Officer“. Applicants with a degree in University Degree may apply on or before Feb. 20, 2023.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is a specialised agency of the United Nations (UN) aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture. It has 193 member states and 11 associate members, as well as partners in the nongovernmental, intergovernmental, and private sector. Headquartered at the World Heritage Centre in Paris, France, UNESCO has 53 regional field offices and 199 national commissions that facilitate its global mandate.
UNESCO Associate National Project Officer Jobs 2023
The UNESCO has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 09, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate National Project Officer to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
UNESCO Job Vacancy 2023
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support general monitoring and reporting on the activities with respect to the project implementation framework, update the project database and draft progress reports in liaison with UNESCO colleagues and project partners.
- Undertake project-related missions to the field sites to support implementation and track progress.
- Keep the Technical and Steering Committees updated with regard to project implementation, progress, opportunities, and challenges.
- Monitor risks and ensure compliance with fund requirements.
- Maintain data and document repository of all project-related documentation/files.
Resource mobilization and Stakeholder Liaison:
- Support the building up of pipeline projects generating revenue in catalytic sectors that meet the impact framework.
- Provide and facilitate the provision of support services to project sponsors identified in close cooperation with the Fund Manager.
- Participate in activities to promote REF activities resulting in a project pipeline and/or strategic partnerships.
- Support the establishment of co-financing relationships with local and international financial institutions, nurture relationships and manage activities needed to secure co-financing of REF projects.
- Identify alternative financing sources and structures, including the preparation of and participation in discussions and negotiations with banks, investors and other stakeholders.
Position in Organization:
- Post Number: 6ZWSC0002PA
- Grade: NO-A
- Parent Sector: Field Office
- Duty Station: Harare
- Job Family: Natural Sciences
- Type of contract: Project Appointment
- Duration of contract: 1 year with the possibility of extension
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 20-FEB-2023
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in the relevant field of Development Finance, Renewable Energy, Natural Sciences, Earth Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated professional experience in project management.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to manage competing priorities and capacity to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent networking and high-level representational and partnership-building skills, involving a wide range of partners.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following fields: renewable energy, climate change and natural sciences.
- Excellent drafting and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Capacity to work autonomously as well as part of a multicultural team with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written).
How to Apply UNESCO Associate National Project Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.unesco.org/job/Harare-Associate-National-Project-Officer(Natural-Sciences)/764710202/
The Closing Date: Feb. 20, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.