UNEP Programme Management Officer P4 Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Programme Management Officer P4”. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 19 March 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Programme Management Officer P4 Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Management Officer P4 to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
- Performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning facilitating workshops, through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage the change.
- Researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources to be used as an input for the development of new projects and programmes.
- Coordinates policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies on transboundary water resources and their ecosystem management.
- Generates survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identify problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Organizes and prepares written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications.
- Provides substantive backstopping to consultative and other meetings, conferences, to include proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations.
- Initiates and coordinates outreach activities; conducts training workshops, seminars; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities.
- Leads and/or participates in large, complex field missions, including provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries.
- Coordinates activities related to budget funding (programme/project preparation and submissions, progress reports, financial statements) and prepares related documents/reports (pledging, work programme, programme budget).
- Coordinates midterm review and terminal evaluation of projects and programmes.
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in marine biology, hydrology, environmental science, natural resources management, business administration, management, economics or a related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is an advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, administration or related area including at least three (3) years at the international level is required.
- Work experience within UN or other international organisations is required.
- Work experience in programmes or projects management in developing countries in the fields related to transboundary waters is required.
- Experience in large-scale project design, management, supervision, monitoring, and evaluation is desirable.
- Experience of working with different climate and environment funds such as such as Global Environment Facility (GEF), Green Climate Fund (GCF) in a multi–county context is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English is required. Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Programme Management Officer P4 Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 19 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.