UNEP One Health Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “One Health Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 13 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP One Health Expert Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of One Health Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Biodiversity and Land Branch Coordinator and the direct supervision of the Head of the UNEP One Health Team, the consultant will undertake the following duties:
- Provide ongoing technical and strategic advice on preventative One Health implementation, in the context of the Nature for Health initiative, including on aspects of multi-sectoral collaboration and coordination, as well as on zoonotic disease emergence/reemergence and spillover events;
- Advise on and review approaches and specific studies relevant to the development of a global approach to reduce environmental aspects of risk, including risk of zoonotic pandemics;
- Prepare various strategic and technical written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analytical notes, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, strategic documents, guidelines and policy recommendations etc., as required by UNEP to carry out the duties of N4H Secretariat;
- Provide technical and expert input into the development of funding proposals and project concept notes;
- Provide technical support to N4H Consortium and Country Partners on strengthening One Health systems and implementing the N4H Terms of Reference.
- Provide technical support for the process of collaboratively building and maintaining the N4H partnership, its governance mechanism and programmatic structure
- Co-design N4H operational work and in the particular the enquiry and design phase to enable Country Partners and Consortium Partners to submit a detailed work plan for implementation, which and might include engagement and training, toolbook development and rollout of approach.
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree (MSc level or higher) in ecosystem health, environmental health, public health or veterinary medicine or a related field relevant to One Health is required. A first level degree with additional two years of qualifying experience maybe accepted in lieu of Advanced degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant post graduate experience is required.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post fluency in written and spoken English is required. Working knowledge of other UN language (s) is an advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP One Health Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 13 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.