UNEP Evaluation Specialist for the Terminal Evaluation Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Evaluation Specialist for the Terminal Evaluation”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Evaluation Specialist for the Terminal Evaluation Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Evaluation Specialist for the Terminal Evaluation to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
In close consultation with the Evaluation Manager, the Evaluation Specialist will be responsible for the overall management of the Evaluation and timely provision of its outputs, data collection and analysis and report-writing. More specifically:
- preliminary desk review and introductory interviews with project staff;
- draft the reconstructed Theory of Change of the project;
- prepare the evaluation framework;
- develop the desk review and interview protocols;
- draft the survey protocols (if relevant);
- develop and present criteria for country and/or site selection for the evaluation mission;
- plan the evaluation schedule;
- prepare the Inception Report, incorporating comments until approved by the Evaluation Manager
Qualification & Experience:
- An advanced university degree in environmental sciences, international development or other relevant political or social sciences area is required. A first level degree with an additional (2) two years qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of evaluation experience is required, preferably including
- evaluating large, regional or global programmes and using a Theory of Change approach.
- Experience in GEF evaluation and in sustainable forest commodities value chains, private sector finance and investments is desirable.
- A good/broad understanding of environmental financial inclusion and experience in Paraguay and Brazil or the region is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in oral and written English is a requirement. Knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese would be desired. Working knowledge of the UN System and specifically the work of UNEP is an added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Evaluation Specialist for the Terminal Evaluation Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.