UNEP Environmental Management Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Environmental Management Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Environmental Management Consultant Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Environmental Management Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead activities in working with Science, Economy and Law Divisions of UNEP as well as other programs to secure needed data, information and assessments to develop the environmental policy tracker (EPT).
- Lead liaising with external partners in securing information and data as well as inputs related to user interface for designing the EPT.
- Provide substantial inputs to the design team developing the EPT on issues of science, policy and impacts.
- Develop an operational plan for establishing a governance and management plan for the EPT.
- Lead work in support of communications and outreach for the launch and update of EPT in collaboration with the communications focal point and work with the UNEP Communication team on specific inputs in support of the launch.
- Prepare presentations, briefs and related outreach material explaining EPT and the related.
- Lead orientation and training programmes related to EPT within UNEP and outside, including in international meetings and fora.
- Seek and provide comments on the user experience of the EPT for fine tuning the EPT and its’ scaling up.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in environmental sciences, social sciences or environmental law with two years of experience is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in programme / project management is required.
- Experience in drafting review documents, meeting reports and assessment papers related to Environmental management/law is required.
- Experience in data collection and/or undertaking research will be an added advantage.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Environmental Management Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.