UNEP Environment Expert Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Environment Expert”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 27 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Environment Expert Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 15 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Environment Expert to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The GCI secretariat is looking for a consultant to lead the research, drafting, development and finalization of a study on green customs and gender. Specific duties will include:
- Preparing a research plan, methodology and outline/structure for the envisaged publication, including information about the data collection tools and the analytical approach;
- Conducting a comprehensive desk review of primary resources and related bibliography in relation to gender and customs;
- Preparing a questionnaire for the collection of gender-related qualitative and quantitative data relating to the GCI covered agreements and the gender dimensions of the trade of environmental commodities regulated under those agreements; the gender policies and procedures of the GCI partners; and gender aspects of selected customs and border control administration and identify target groups for the dissemination of the questionnaires;
- Carrying out interviews, as needed, with relevant stakeholders such as government officials, customs and border enforcement institutes and officers, the World Customs Organization, GCI partners, civil society organization, community groups and women organizations;
- Analyzing collected data, drafting the study and incorporating feedback received from UNEP and relevant stakeholders;
- Presenting the publication’s findings and recommendations in awareness raising and capacity-building events as well as in communication products.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in social sciences, environmental studies, gender studies, sustainable development or related fields.
- Familiarity with gender issues in general and practical experience in collection of gender-disaggregated data;
- At least seven years of experience in gender analysis, gender discrimination or equality, preferably within the context of environmental protection or sustainable development.
- Special knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of the UN system
- Certification in data analytics, business analytics or data science programmes.
- A combination of excellent problem solving communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
Fluency in written and spoken English is required. Knowledge of other UN Official languages is an added advantage. NOTE: ”Fluency” equals a rating of ”fluent” in all four areas (read, write, speak, understand) and ”Knowledge of” equals a rating of ”confident” in two of the four areas.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Environment Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.