UNEP Communications Expert Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNEP Nigeria looking for “Communications Expert”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 27 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme is responsible for coordinating responses to environmental issues within the United Nations system. It was established by Maurice Strong, its first director, after the United Nations Conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm in June 1972.
UNEP Communications Expert Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Communications Expert to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Core Details: Under the supervision of the of the Programme Management Officer of UNEP U4E. The project team includes the Energy Commission of Nigeria, UNEP U4E and Africa Energy Office. The Consultant will provide effective communication strategies, tools and products by working directly with the national teams, national governments and local stakeholders to capture compelling highlights and project wins.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce the project’s communication materials and templates to ensure a common identity for all;
- Develop the Project’s press kit based on visibility guidelines of ECN, UNEP and donor Agency;
- Cover the Awareness Campaign launch event (support with pictures, recording and streaming online)
- Coordinate the execution of the Awareness Campaign including engagement with relevant stakeholders, diffusion of developed content through channels identified in the communications strategy and monitoring the success through the designed metrics.
- Assist with the facilitation of media at national events, as needed;
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English Language or Communications or Journalism or other closely related field. Further education including certifications in related fields are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years professional experience in the field of communications or journalism
- Proven expertise in developing and implementing communication strategies at the institutional/national level and preferably with a regional scope
- Previous experience working on communications and outreach that relate to sustainable development, environmental and energy/or climate mitigation issues
- Demonstrated experience developing, editing and overseeing layout of publications and content management for websites and social media
- Previous experience determining and analyzing lessons learned;
- Experience and proven network with the national media
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Communications Expert Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 27 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.