UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UNEP Kenya looking for “Communication Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 06 February 2023.
The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system, and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment.
UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2023
The UNEP has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Communication Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UNEP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will work on a full-time basis. The consultant will be home based. Responsibilities of the consultant will include, but are not limited to:
- Work with, coordinate with and train national research partners on Communication related topics to ensure development of national communications products
- Work with the Ecosystems Division Advocacy and Communication Group to improve the coordination and efficiency of the advocacy and communication efforts, as advocacy focal point for the Biodiversity and Land Branch at UNEP; mainstreaming of TEEBAgriFood activities via this Advocacy and Communication Group
- Ensure effective knowledge management by coordinating the flow of information, communication and advocacy products from country partners to global TEN and UNEP workstreams, and as such connecting work across silos
- Ensure smooth workflow between the Economics of Nature Unit and the UNEP Communication Division. Liaise with Head of Content & Head of Multimedia to ensure visibility of TEEB Communications products on global UNEP Channels
- Liaise with Head of Web to ensure a new and improved UNEP TEEB presence for the EU-funded project on unep.org, as teebweb.org is being phased out
- Work with partners to identify and coordinate key moments for advocacy and public-facing communication activities for TEN
- Oversee the day-to-day work of those contributing to TEN communications: Communications Consultants, Graphic Designer, Videographer, Website Consultant etc.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Communications, International Relations, Journalism, or Environmental related areas is required. A first university degree with a combination of two (2) years professional and academic qualifications may be accepted in lieu of the advanced degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in Journalism or Communication for International Development is required
- Previous work within the UN System or International Organizations is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNEP Communication Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.