UNECA Gender Statistics National Consultants Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. UNECA Ethiopia looking for “Gender Statistics National Consultants“. Applicants with a Advanced university degree may apply on or before 12th Feb 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Gender Statistics National Consultants Jobs 2023
The UNECA has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Gender Statistics National Consultants to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the major duties and responsibilities for the assignment:
- Provide technical assistance to the National statistics office on gender statistics
- Develop a gender plan for the Country’s NSDS with assistance and technical guidance of the international consultant
- Organize National Technical workshop to Disseminate the Gender mainstreaming plan for the country and NSDS
- Support the implementation of time use survey in Zimbabwe and Mozambique and engendering CRVS in Burundi and South Sudan.
- Conduct a situation analysis of the monitoring systems in consolation with the international Consultant
- Support to design the National Gender indicator framework in consultation with the international consultant.
- Production of gender Fact Sheet and gender status report.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a field related to Gender Studies, Demography, Social Sciences, Development studies and related areas is required. A first-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of either practical substantive experience in gender statistics in a developing country context particularly in Africa is required.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this consultancy, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of the other is an advantage.
- Posting Title: Gender Statistics National Consultant Mozambique
- Department/Office: Economic Commission for Africa
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 06 February 2023 – 12 February 2023
- Job Opening Number: 23-Economic Commission for Africa-200651-Consultant
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
How to Apply UNECA Gender Statistics National Consultants Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=200651
The Closing Date: 12th Feb 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.