UNDP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. UNDP Nigeria looking for “Local Security Associate”. Applicants with a Secondary education may apply on or before 02 March 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on 16 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Local Security Associate to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief Security Adviser (CSA) of the United Nations’ Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) the Local Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the region of assignment.
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation.
- Helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation by the SA.
- Communicates information on security to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to UNDSS in the absence of the CSA, as required.
- Maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies.
- May be requested to provide technical assistance at A/SMT meetings, in the absence of the CSA.
Qualification & Experience:
- Secondary education is required. University Degree or equivalent is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- A minimum 6 years of experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work is required.
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
- Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation.
- Experience in diplomatic security and protection is considered as an asset.
- Knowledge of host country safety codes.
- Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UNDP Local Security Associate Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 02 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.