UNDP Data Analyst Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. UNDP Zimbabwe looking for “Data Analyst“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) may apply on or before Feb. 17, 2023.
The United Nations Development Programme is the global development network of the United Nations. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves.
UNDP Data Analyst Jobs 2023
The UNDP has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 02, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Data Analyst to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||United Nations Development Programme|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree)|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 17, 2023|
UNDP Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Participate in data collection, verification and validation
- Data collection cleaning and integration, conducting data pre-processing and validation, designing data collection application applicable to smart devices (Androids), digitize/create new thematic layers, using scanned maps, satellite images and GIS data, in accordance with the project structure and scope, utilizing the latest data collection technologies such as remote sensing and supporting GCF and partner staff in data collection and introduce quality assurance mechanisms.
Support the Data analysis, visualization and dissemination works for the GCF PMU
- Integrate, archive and extract large datasets for cross referencing and statistical analysis, develop maps, graphs, reports and presentations of analytical results for internal and external distribution, produce maps and graphs in accordance with the design and criteria defined by the project manager or other members in the team, produce summary statistics on key outcomes and co-variate variables and update where relevant 5W mapping of resilience related initiatives in the country.
Position in Organization:
- Job Identification: 8249
- Locations: Harare, Zimbabwe
- Posting Date: 02/01/2023, 04:50 PM
- Apply Before: 02/17/2023, 10:29 AM
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Agency: UNDP
- Grade: NB4
- Vacancy Type: National Personnel Service Agreement
- Practice Area: Disaster Risk Reduction and Recovery
- Bureau: Regional Bureau for Africa
- Contract Duration: 1 Year with Possibility for extension
- Education & Work Experience: Master’s Degree – 2 year(s) experience OR Bachelor’s Degree – 4 year(s) experience
- Required Languages: English
- Desired Languages: Shona
- Vacancy Timeline: 2 Weeks
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Geographical Information Systems/Science (GIS), geography, Earth Observation, and/or other related fields.
- Bachelor degree in relevant field with additional two years of qualifying relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 2 years (Master’s degree) or 4 years (Bachelor’s degree) of relevant experience and proven experience in GIS, statistical analysis software packages, early warning and remote sensing;
- Proven experience working in a busy analytical environment and proficiency with SPSS, Stata, Excel, GIS or other appropriate packages;
- Experience in environmental and socio-economic applications of remote sensing especially in supporting early warning;
- Regional experience and past experience in working on UN supported projects and/or with other bilateral/multilaterals is an added advantage;
- Good strategic and analytical thinking and ability to interpret development/resilience related data;
- Strong analytical skills and experience in analyzing quantitative/qualitative data and surveys in the field of climate Resilience, is required;
- Project cycle experiences within United Nations system will be considered an asset;
- Preferably, experience in a resilience programming, food security or related programme(s);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and the national language of the duty station (Shona).
How to Apply UNDP Data Analyst Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://estm.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/job/8249
The Closing Date: Feb. 17, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.