UNCDF Programme Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. UNCDF Uganda looking for “Programme Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Master degree may apply on or before Feb. 22, 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (UNCDF) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the UNCDF provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
UNCDF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
The UNCDF has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 10, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Programme Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
UNCDF Job Vacancy 2023
As part of the LoCAL Team, working under the direct supervision of the Global Manager, Global Climate Facility Manager based in Kampala, the Programme Officer will contribute to the effective delivery of the Programme’s activities, covering all the expected results.
The Programme Officer will be part of the network of 30+ LoCAL country programmes and benefit from the links with this network. In carrying out his/her work, the Programme Officer will work closely with national and subnational governments and partners to ensure the good delivery of the action, the reporting, and the monitoring and evaluation.
Under the supervision of the Global Climate Facility Manager, the Programme Officer will:
- Provide support for the development and effective implementation of LoCAL in target countries in close collaboration with the Programme Specialist, UNCDF national teams and the LoCAL Facility (global team);
- Contribute to the provision of technical assistance for LoCAL in target countries (e.g. writing terms of reference, letters of agreement, memorandum of understanding, official letters, support recruitment and management of consultants, etc);
- Contribute to quality monitoring, evaluation and reporting (e.g. preparation and monitoring of the annual work plans, organization and participation in field missions, contribution to the preparation of the quarterly and annual reports);
- Contribute to the organization of events, meetings, conferences, etc., including proposing agenda topics, identifying participants, preparation of documents and presentations, etc.
- Collect intelligence on technical and financial partners, identify opportunities for collaboration with key stakeholders and support the development of partnerships for LoCAL in assigned countries.
- Support the process of preparation, design, submission and approval of programme/project concepts and full-fledged proposals for financing;
- Contribute to operations activities, including finance, planning, human resources, procurement, transport, IT, security, administration and ensure they follow UNCDF’s rules, regulations, policies and procedures
Position in Organization:
- Description of assignment title: Programme Officer
- Host entity: UNCDF
- Assignment country: Uganda
- Type: Onsite
- Expected start date: 20/03/2023
- Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)
- Sustainable Development Goal: 13. Climate action
- Number of assignments: 1
- Volunteer category: International UN Volunteer Specialist
- Duty stations: Kampala
- DoA reserved for persons with disabilities: No
- Master degree or equivalent in environmental science and management, climate science, geographic studies, politic science, international development, economics, statistics, or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in progressively responsible positions in implementing and monitoring development projects in the climate change and/or decentralization areas, is required;
- Knowledge of local public financial management and governance, including decentralization processes and instruments (e.g. performance-based grants, intergovernmental fiscal transfer systems, etc);
- Proven/demonstrable networking capabilities and ability to associate him/herself with a range of actors (inter alia central and local governments; policy makers; development partners and donors, local communities, women and youth groups) with a view to building relations and facilitating links is highly desirable;
- Work experience with local stakeholders, in particular local governments and local communities, and in addressing gender equality as project objective and/or cross-cutting issue in developing countries is desired;
- Strong awareness of key and emerging issues related to climate change/adaptation is highly desirable;
- Experience with a UN organization/agency is desirable;
- Experience with UNCDF/UNDP policies, rules and procedures is desired, but not a requirement.
How to Apply UNCDF Programme Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://app.unv.org/opportunities/1715997938888960
The Closing Date: Feb. 22, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.