UN Habitat Urban Law and Governance Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Urban Law and Governance Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 03 February 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Urban Law and Governance Consultant Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 28 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Urban Law and Governance Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Legal Specialist, Policy, Legislation and Governance Section and overall supervision of the Chief of the Policy, Legislation and Governance Section, the Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct legal and governance review and analyses on UN-Habitat thematic issues such as related to urban planning and design, housing, land and property rights (HLP), and environment and climate action. Legal and governance frameworks will be reviewed to assess their effectiveness in supporting urban processes specifically in the areas of resilient and low carbon urban development and access to adequate housing.
- Draft project reports based on UN-Habitat template detailing project achievements, as well as bottlenecks and lessons learnt that will assist with project rating and evaluation.
- Undertake reviews of projects and documents to strengthen legislation and governance dimensions (3).
- Support the drafting of the capacity development training packages for Oman and DRC.
Qualification & Experience:
- A first-level university degree with 2 years of experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the legal field is required, preferably dealing with urban law, urban planning, environmental and climate change law and urban governance.
- Experience in conducting legal and governance research from various sources and the ability to interpret frameworks, develop and present recommendations clearly and concisely is desirable.
- Previous experience working with the United Nations will be an added advantage.
English and French are the official working languages of the United Nations. For the post advertised, fluency in spoken and written English is required. Fluency in another UN language is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Urban Law and Governance Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 03 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.