UN Habitat Sustainable and Active Mobility Consultant Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Sustainable and Active Mobility Consultant”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 14 February 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Sustainable and Active Mobility Consultant Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Sustainable and Active Mobility Consultant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will assist the work of the Urban Mobility Team in the Urban Basic Services Section by providing the following:
- Activity 1.1: Support project management of the UNRSF project “Reclaiming Streets” and coordinate with partners on the delivery of outputs;
- Activity 1.2: Roll out the concept of the Bike Train to further areas in Nairobi to enhance safety of commuter cyclists;
- Activity 1.3: Conduct road safety assessments (Safe Routes to School) in the catchment of 2 schools in selected partner cities including fatality and injury data, road and street conditions, quality of public transport services, road safety measures taken by the school etc.
- Activity 1.4: Based on the road safety assessments (activity 1.3), derive policy recommendations towards improving road safety around schools;
- Activity 1.5: Propose design improvements around schools and provide technical assistance in design review to ensure alignment of street design proposals with child-friendly streets;
- Activity 1.6: Support collaboration between government and schools (i.e. parent-teacher associations) on road safety & safe routes to school;
- Activity 1.7: Promote the uptake of cycling among women in Africa through advocacy
Qualification & Experience:
- First-Level University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in Urban Planning, Regional Planning, Urban Design Transport Planning, Geography, or a related field is required.
- 2 years of working experience in the field of urban / mobility planning is required.
- An understanding of urban planning, urban development, urban policy and legislation and sustainable urbanisation is required.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- GIS skills are an added value.
- Good interpersonal skills, previous exposure to cross cultural environments is advantageous.
- Ability to work well in a team whilst also having the capacity and initiative to work independently is desired.
Fluency in English, written and verbal, is required. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset. Kiswahili language skills are an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Sustainable and Active Mobility Consultant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.